Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Long Month ++++

On December 6th, as I was preparing to complete my Christmas shopping, holding my grandson for his 1st birthday, plan for a substitute as I slipped out of town a week before break, I received frantic phone calls from my niece and husband. My 55 yr old sister-n-law had been rushed to the hospital – 4 hrs later the Dr. pronounced her deceased. 55 years old! She was a smoker for almost 40 yrs and had not gone to the Dr (accept for her back injury during the last couple of years) since her daughter was born 35yr ago!

I proceeded to re-arrange my flight to a week earlier (note here: jetblue.com is the BEST AIRLINE to deal with! They charged me $130 for changing my flight and a week later – when I gave them the info they needed, I was reimbursed the $130!) I got my alcoholic sister-n-law from FLA a flight; did laundry; packed Christmas & Birthday gifts, warm clothes; wrote lesson plans for school and got to bed by 3 am.


Sat. December 8th – JFK airport is the dirtiest, loudest, disgustingest place I have ever had to be in for 5 hrs! However, later arriving in Rochester, seeing my hubby was worth the wait and trip! Sometimes when I see him it’s like the first time all over again (we live/work on opposite coast – sometimes I am not sure why; other times I think I am being selfless; or just not knowing which way to turn. Life is not supposed to be this complicated at 50+++).Over the next 5 days – I helped clear out the clutter in my NY house where everyone lives; helped with arrangements; sat up till any hour my niece needed and sailed through the days till it was time to leave for NYC and then to VA for grandson’s 1st B-Day!

December 13th – NOT A FRIDAY!! Was hell – H – E – (DOUBLE) – L – L!
My husband, son R and I drove to NYC (30 miles before City) on NY states finest roads – the thruway in a snow storm. White knuckle – No talking – 8 ½ hr drive that usually takes about 5 hr. When we arrived at my sis W house – well let’s just say her open arms, smile, kind words, warm house, and love are what I know I can count on – did I say she’s the BEST SISTER! (Yeah, I have another one, but they don’t compare!)A GREAT EVENING of fine food; laughs and love at W and C house! And GOOD weather on Friday, December 14th to drive to Little Man A’s house!!!!! I can’t believe he turned a year already! I remember him bopping into the world and laughing after, about not being able to count (son-n-law R can always make me laugh about my stupidity!)

More to come this weekend as I catch up on Blogging!

No comments: